Thursday, February 6, 2014

Cold Snap Fever Cactus Re-do

It's freezing in San Antonio. We're experiencing a "cold snap" as meteorologists say, which to me just means "oh snap it's cold!" Below freezing temperatures make me feel pretty listless and dull.
Instead of wallowing in my gloomy state of mind I decided to finally get around to painting my pot. 


Before


I bought this cactus at a yard sale and it's spent most of it's life outdoors. It was fine to be a burgundy potted cactus when it was hanging out in my backyard, but that burgundy color was really throwing me off once it was sitting on my favorite bookshelf. I wanted something a little more cheery in my entryway. Something that would say "Hello, glad you're here!"  


After



Here it is! I was going for a happy rustic anthropology vibe. I'm kind of digging it. I think it goes nicely with the dark brown bookshelf. I felt like it needed some height so I placed it on top of a stack of books. I'm pleased with this re-do and I'm happy I didn't spend afternoon binge eating and watching a Keeping up with the Kardashians marathon. Win win. 






No comments:

Post a Comment